POINT: LI-13 (LARGE INTESTINE-13)
|English:||Arm Five Miles|
|Also Known As:||Five Measures of the Arm|
- On the lateral side of the upper arm, on the line connecting LI-11 Quchi and LI-15 Jianyu, 3 cun above LI-11 Quchi.
- On the lateral side of the upper arm, 3 cun proximal to LI-11 Quchi. on the line connecting LI-11 Quchi and LI-15 Jianyu.
Note: locate approximately one hand breadth superior to LI-11 Quchi in the depression between the lateral border of the biceps brachii and the humerus or locate one third the distance between LI-11 Quchi and the axillary fold.
- Puncture perpendicularly 0.5 to 1 cun.
- Caution: avoid hitting the artery.
- Moxibustion is applicable.
- Perpendicular insertion 1 to 1.5 cun.
- Straight insertion 1 to 2 cun
- Activates the channel
- Alleviates pain
- Alleviates coughing
- Regulates Qi
- Drains Damp
- Transforms Phlegm