POINT: LI-12 (LARGE INTESTINE-12)
|Also Known As:||Elbow Seam|
- With the arm flexed at the elbow, this point can be found approximately 1 cun above and lateral to LI-11 Quchi at the margin of the humerus.
- When the elbow is flexed, the point is on the lateral side of the upper arm, 1 cun above LI-11 Quchi.
- When the elbow is flexed, the point is located in the depression 1 cun proximal to the end and 1 cun lateral to LI-11 Quchi.
- Slanted insertion, along the anterior margin of the humerus, 1 to 1.5 cun. Sensation: local distention and soreness.
- Puncture perpendicularly 0.5 to 1 cun.
- Moxibustion is applicable.
- Perpendicular insertion 0.5 to 1 cun.
- Activates the channel
- Alleviates pain
- Benefits the elbow joint
- This is a very useful point to treat tennis elbow when pain radiates upwards towards the shoulder..