POINT: KI-5 (KIDNEY-5)
|Also Known As:||Spring
- 1 cun directly below KI-3 Taixi, in the depression of the medial side of the tuberosity of the calcaneus.
- 1 cun directly below KI-3 Taixi, above the calcaneus bone.
- 1 cun inferior to KI-3 Taixi, in an depression anterior and superior to the calcaneal tuberosity (the site of insertion of the Achilles tendon into the calcaneus).
- Puncture perpendicularly 0.3 to 0.5 cun.
- Moxibustion is applicable.
- Slanted insertion 0.3 to 0.5 cun.
- Oblique-perpendicular insertion directed away from the bone, 0.3 to 0.5 cun.
- Xi-Cleft (Accumulation) point
- Benefits urination
- Promotes Blood circulation
- Stops abdominal pain
- Regulates the uterus
- Regulates the Chong and Ren channels
- Benefits menstruation
- This point can be used for any abnormalities of the spine. It will revitalize bones.
- This point is a sledge hammer to knock down emotional walls.