POINT: KI-23 (KIDNEY-23)
|Also Known As:|| Spirit's Seal
- In the fourth intercostal space, 2 cun lateral to the anterior midline.
- 2 cun lateral to REN-17 Shanzhong, in the fourth intercostal space.
- Puncture obliquely 0.3 to 0.5 cun.
- Moxibustion is applicable.
- Caution: Deep perpendicular or oblique needling may puncture the Lung.
- Transverse-oblique insertion. directed laterally along the intercostal space 0.5 to 1 cun.
- Unbinds the chest
- Descends Rebellious Lung and Stomach Qi
- Benefits the breasts
Chills and fever with shortness of breath
- This point is used to anchor the Spirit.
- Break open the seal to reveal the God within.