POINT: GB-3 (GALL BLADDER-3)
|English:||Above the Joint|
|Also Known As:||Upper Hinge
- On the superior margin of the zygomatic arch, directly above ST-7 Xiaguan.
- In front of the ear, on the upper border of the zygomatic arch, in the depression directly above ST-7 Xiaguan.
- Straight insertion 0.7 to 1 cun.
- Puncture perpendicularly 0.3 to 0.5 cun.
Note: deep insertion is not advisable.
- Moxibustion is applicable.
- Meeting point of the Stomach and San Jiao channels
- Eliminates Wind
- Benefits the ears
- Activates the channel
- Alleviates pain
- Deep insertion is not advisable.
- This point is sometimes needled 0.5 cun anterior to the textbook location.