POINT: GB-29 (GALL BLADDER-29)
|Also Known As:||Dwelling in the Bone
- On the lateral aspect of the hip joint, at the midpoint of a line drawn between the anterior iliac spine and the prominence of the greater trochanter.
- Located halfway between the anterior superior iliac spine and the greater trochanter of the femur.
- In the depression of the midpoint between the anterior superior iliac spine and the prominence of the greater trochanter of the femur.
- Perpendicular insertion 1 to 2 Cun.
- Oblique insertion inferiorly 2 to 3 cun.
- Puncture perpendicularly 0.5 to 1 cun.
- Moxibustion is applicable.
- Slanted insertion, pointed toward the hip joint 2 to 3 cun, causing distention and soreness extending to the hip joint.
- Meeting point with the Yang Qiao channel
- Activates the channel
- Removes obstructions from the channel
- Alleviates pain
- Benefits the hip joint
- This is a frequently used point in the treatment of hip disorders, especially when the pain radiates to the groin.