POINT: GB-16 (GALL BLADDER-16)
|English:||Window of the Eye|
|Also Known As:||Vision's Window
- Transverse insertion 0.5 to 1.5 cun.
Note: This point may be needled in any direction. Direction depends on the symptomology. Direct the needle towards the point of pain, or join to other head points.
- Slanted insertion 0.5 to 1 cun.
- Puncture subcutaneously 0.3 to 0.5 cun.
- Moxibustion is applicable.
- On the head, 1.5 cun above the hairline and 2.25 cun lateral
to the midline of the head.
- Meeting point with the Yang Wei channel
- Benefits the eyes
- Removes Wind
- Alleviates pain
- To augment visual acuity, needle this point three times.
- This point regulates the pineal gland and is good for jet lag.