POINT: GB-10 (GALL BLADDER-10)
|Also Known As:|
- Posterior to the ear, along the curved line drawn from GB-9 Tianchong to GB-12 Wangu running within the hairline and more or less parallel to the line of the rim of the ear, in a depression about one third of the distance between GB-9 Tianchong to GB-12 Wangu.
- About 1 cun below and posterior to GB-9 Tianchong on the superior part of the mastoid process.
- Posterior and superior to the mastoid process, at the junction of the middle third and upper third of the curved line connecting GB-9 Tianchong to GB-12 Wangu.
- Transverse insertion 0.5 to 1.5 cun.
Note: this point may be needled in any direction depending on symptomology. The needle should be inserted deep to the subcutaneous layer, into the loose areolar tissue adjacent to the bone of the skull, rather than shallowly.
- Slanted insertion, 0.5 to 1 cun.
- Puncture subcutaneously 0.3 to 0.5 cun,
- Moxibustion is applicable.
- Meeting point of the Urinary Bladder channel
- Clears the head
- Benefits the neck region
- Activates the channel
- Alleviates pain
Toothache and tooth decay