POINT: DU-7 (GOVERNING VESSEL-7)
|Also Known As:||Middle Axis
- On the midline of the back, in the depression below the spinous process of the tenth thoracic vertebra.
- Perpendicular-oblique superior insertion, 0.5 to 1 cun.
- Caution: The spinal column lies between 1.25 and 1.75 cun deep to the skin surface, varying according to body build.
- Slanted insertion, 0.5 to 1 cun.
- Puncture perpendicularly, 0.5 to 1 cun.
- Moxibustion is applicable.
- Benefits the spine
- Benefits the Middle Jiao
- According to one classical text, moxibustion is contraindicated.
- This is considered a strength point.